"If you live long enough, you will make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit".
-President William "Bill" Clinton
"Character is a journey, not a destination".
-President William "Bill" Clinton
"When a teacher tries to teach something to the entire class at the same time, chances are, one-third of the kids already know it...one-third will get it...and the remaining third won't. So two-thirds of the children are wasting their time".
-Lilian Katz
"My passion is now the same as it was before...if not greater than ever".
-Louise Derman-Sparks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Well Spent...
I cannot believe that we are in the final week of this program...we made it! This capstone course has truly solidified my passion for the fi...
-
Upon exploration of the the EECERA website, I discovered that many of the same issues in early childhood education here in the US are preval...
-
My chosen research topic for this course is the developmental stages of young children. I chose this topic due to its level of relevance in ...
-
One of the issues I hear about almost daily in my current role as an ECE professional is the recent influx of educators whom are not of the ...
Shabrika,
ReplyDeleteI loved your post these week, and again, I appreciate learning more about two additional people that I did not choose myself. Former President Clinton always has the best quotes and is solidified in the culture. What was his biggest contribution that you appreciate, personally? I especially loved Ms. Katz's quote: "When a teacher tries to teach something to the entire class at the same time, chances are, one-third of the kids already know it...one-third will get it...and the remaining third won't. So two-thirds of the children are wasting their time". It most certainly makes a great deal of sense. We must be aware of our students and tailor an experience that caters to them all individually within a group. Great post!
Ratasha
Shabrika,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about Ms. Katz. She is very accurate when she says "When a teacher tries to teach something to the entire class at the same time, chances are, one-third of the kids already know it...one-third will get it...and the remaining third won't. So two-thirds of the children are wasting their time". Keeping a classroom on the same page could be difficult. I believe that education is a combination of what is being taught in school and at home. Some parents help their children learn at home, others don’t. This has a huge impact in the classroom.
Lisbeth